The Coronavirus pandemic is dealing a massive blow to almost all industries throughout the world. Nations are finding it challenging to handle the global health and economic crisis. While the mortality rate keeps rising, the global GDP is dropping to a record low value. According to the International Labor Organization (ILO), COVID-19 has resulted in 40 million job losses worldwide.
While the on-demand app industry is gaining popularity, entrepreneurs with an Uber like app face a downfall, mainly due to the lockdown norms imposed by various nations. However, business owners are still reaching out to Uber like app development companies, to launch a taxi app post the COVID-19 period. Are you an entrepreneur looking to develop a ride-hailing app with perfect safety standards? Are you looking for strategies to sustain in the market?
In this blog, let’s look at some of the vital strategies that can help an entrepreneur tackle the Coronavirus pandemic situation.
What did the coronavirus pandemic mean to the taxi industry?
According to a report by MarketsandMarkets Research,
- The global market for the ride-sharing industry is witnessing a 55.6% YoY growth between 2020 and 2021.
- The sector is currently valued at $75.39 billion, expecting to generate $117.34 billion by 2021.
- The market is expected to decline only by 2% even after facing a pandemic of such high magnitude.
According to ResearchandMarkets,
- The autonomous car rentals market is promising a CAGR of 16.84% between 2019 and 2023.
- This could mean that the market will generate $37.22 billion by 2023.
What are the strategies worth considering to tackle the situation?
‘Let safety be your top priority’
People are stepping out only during a necessity. And while they do step out, they expect maximum safety in transportation. As a result, public safety is out of the picture. Your platform can be their one-stop destination, provided you offer top-notch ride-hailing services with the highest safety standards. Some of the safety strategies include,
- Limiting passenger count: The virus is transmitted from person-to-person through direct physical contact with the infected patient. Hence, to avoid contact, you can restrict the passenger count to two persons.
- Encouraging cashless transactions: To ensure zero contact with the drivers and users, you can encourage users to adopt digital modes of payments. This way, you can break the transmission chain, if any.
- Integrating a face recognition software: It is your responsibility to ensure the safety of drivers and passengers. Hence, you can incorporate face recognition software into your system. This way, drivers can provide services only after equipping themselves with proper safety gear.
- Providing hand sanitizers and disinfectants: You can offer hand sanitizers to drivers, thereby ensuring adequate hygiene and sanitation procedures. Besides, drivers can clean the frequently accessed surfaces with disinfectants.
‘Rental services to corporates can come in handy’
Even after adopting remote-working norms, specific corporate organizations need officials to report to work, considering security reasons. Hence, you can join hands with corporates and offer them rental services. The strategy is quite simple. You can provide specific cabs to employees who can avail of services with just a few taps on their smartphones. This way, even corporate organizations can ensure the safety of their employees. At the end of the day, gaining revenue from your business is all that matters. By renting out your cabs, you prevent them from staying idle, thereby yielding profits.
‘Self-drive cars can be the next big thing’
People demand maximum safety when stepping out. Even after equipping themselves with the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), there are higher chances that drivers can act as ‘carriers’ of the disease. As a result, Uber clone app developers can integrate this feature. Let’s discuss how this system works,
- Initially, users identify cabs in the vicinity by turning on their location preferences.
- After choosing their desired taxi, they unlock it by scanning the QR code present in it.
- They avail of the cab services and reach their destinations without any hassles.
- After commencing their journey, they smart-lock the cab once again by entering the secret code sent to their smartphones.
- They pay for their services through multiple payment options, including credit/debit cards, digital wallets, etc.
- The next user can access the cab from the place that the preceding user parked the taxi.
This type of self-drive car rental service is beneficial in several respects. They include,
- You reduce the role of drivers in the system, thereby gaining maximum profits.
- You enhance the safety of your users by letting them access their services at their convenience.
- You reduce the fuel charges spent by drivers between rides.
How can one venture into the market with a top-notch taxi app?
After identifying the strategies, let’s take a look at how you can develop an on-demand taxi app. These include,
- Development from the ground: In this type, you develop a taxi app right from scratch. You conduct market research and initiate your app development by approaching app companies. This type usually incurs a hefty budget and consumes a lot of time, as well.
- Customizing ready-made apps: To reduce the effort of entrepreneurs to develop the app, app development companies are rolling out clone app solutions. You can buy an Uber clone app from them, customize it according to your needs, and launch your app instantly with these vital safety strategies.
Entrepreneurs can make use of these vital strategies to tackle the COVID-19 situation. In unforeseen circumstances like these, it is indispensable to prioritize safety norms rather than focusing on the economy. By providing best-in-class safe rides to users, you can boost your economy significantly. Renting and leasing cabs aren’t a bad option, considering the fact that you can generate a steady income through it. Self-drive cars can be a giant leap and can make all the difference to your Uber clone app.
At UberEatslikeApp, we can offer you a top-of-the-line Uber clone app, entirely customizable according to your needs. We’ll transform your vision into a smartphone application that is highly reliable and fail-proof.