Long lines and empty shelves are making people sick. In a world where one could get instant services on the go, shopping in grocery stores seems to be challenging. The fact that there are higher chances of the Coronavirus contraction adds fuel to the flame. So, how can one buy essentials without stepping out?
It is very much possible with just a few taps on your smartphones. The success of eCommerce apps like Amazon has made people demand a specific set of apps known as grocery delivery apps into the big picture. Apps like Instacart and Walmart Grocery are skyrocketing in user downloads and are witnessing a massive surge in order volume.
Are you a grocery store owner considering the prospects of taking your business online? Or are you an entrepreneur looking to capitalize on this flourishing market by connecting grocery stores to people in need? If you are one among them, this blog is right for you. In this blog, let’s take an overall view of developing a best-in-class on-demand grocery delivery application.
Why grocery apps?
It is nonsensical to introduce oneself to the market before identifying the underlying reasons.
- Convenience: Usually, you approach a grocery delivery store. You carry a cart and stroll past different sections of the store. You shop what you need amid the buzzing crowd. Besides, you cannot find the desired items. After all the turmoil, you reach the billing counter only to find that there is a cavalcade in front of you. However, with the aid of these online platforms, you can shop groceries at your home’s comfort. Moreover, your greatest virtual assistant carries the cart around for you, paving the way for a highly satisfying service.
- Time, Energy, and Economy conserving: In certain instances, the cost to reach the grocery store becomes more than the actual shopping. People in their busy schedules find it difficult to access these stores. However, grocery apps offer doorstep deliveries. All you have to do is to shop and pay for the services. The groceries reach out to you in a flash. What more to ask when a medium can conserve the budget, time, and energy of the individual?
- Widening the business: From a grocery owner’s perspective, you reach out to a wider audience by taking your business online. People all across the town can access your store, leading to more sales and profits. Why should one neglect an additional source of income? Supplementary to the revenue, you are on cruise control of your inventory, as well.
How is the market faring?
Since the wake of the pandemic, people have shifted their attention to these online platforms.
- According to Coresight Research US global survey in 2020, online grocery sales will be up by 40% in 2020.
On a typical day, Walmart Grocery witnesses 10,000 app downloads. But in the last two months, the numbers are on a high, reaching 54,000. That is 5x the original demand.
- According to Instacart, the users of the app ordered essentials worth $700 million in the first two weeks of April.
- The on-demand platform initially hired 300,000 delivery workers on the gig economy in May. Besides this, it plans to hire 250,000 more to cope up with escalating demands.
These stats stand testament to the fact that the market for these apps is vastly expanding.
How do I develop the app?
In the present circumstances, there are many ways to develop a smartphone application. Let’s discuss a couple of popular ways here,
- From scratch: This is the most prominent way to develop an app. Initially, you identify the requirements of development and recognize the market demands. You then approach freelance developers or app development companies to gain assistance. They develop the app for you under your supervision. After the development and testing phases, you deploy the app. This sought-after way is often time-consuming and high-priced, as well.
- Clone apps: One of the emerging trends of the market is customizing clone apps. The effort of developing the application lies with the company here. These apps are customizable, letting you modify them according to your requirements. One of the luxuries of adopting this strategy is that you can launch your app instantly. Not to mention the fact that they are pocket-friendly, as well.
At UberEatslikeApp, we offer you a top-notch Instacart clone app that is entirely white-label and comes with turnkey solutions. Reach out to us to know more.
What are the features worth considering?
Amid the cut-throat competition, it is the features that make your app stand out from the rest. A comprehensive Instacart clone app solution will include vital features for,
- User app
- Delivery Professional app
- Store Owners app
- Admin panel
Features of the User app:
- User sign up/log in
- Access multiple stores
- Instant search
- Add to cart
- Multiple payment gateways
- Real-time tracking
- In-app chat/call
- Ratings and reviews
Features of the Delivery Professional app:
- Manage order requests
- Availability slider
- In-app navigation
- Push notifications
- Multiple orders
- Earnings report
Features of the Store owner app:
- Availability toggle
- Manage orders
- Organize inventory
- Manage orders
- In-app communication
- Earnings dashboard
Features of the Admin panel:
- God’s eye view
- Dispatch delivery professionals
- Dispute management
- Real-time analytics
- Order history
- Customer support
- Set surge pricing
What are the strategies to gain sustainability?
In this unforeseen situation, the longer you survive in the market, the higher you gain people’s attention. Some of the operative actions include,
- Deploying contactless deliveries: To affirm the safety of users as well as delivery professionals, you can implement zero-contact deliveries. You can instruct your platform’s delivery workers to place users’ orders in front of their homes, rather than to give them in hand. This way, no contact is established, leading to a reduction of disease transmission.
- Tying up with local businesses: In a locality, there are thousands of local merchants. They do not have the capability of taking their business online. By joining hands with these stores, you enlarge your inventory, and they enhance their sales. This is a win-win situation, leading to increased sustainability.
- Maintaining the network: Your grocery app is an amalgamation of various systems, including delivery professionals, grocery owners, users, your app site, etc. Any disruption to this network will eventually lead to your downfall. Hence, establishing legitimate supervision over these chains can help you stay in the market for an increased time-frame.
What are the ways of earning revenue?
Now comes the entrepreneur’s primary aim in establishing a business entity, reaping yields. By developing a grocery delivery app, you receive income through,
- Commission fees: If your app connects multiple grocery stores to people, you are entitled to receive commission fees. The idea behind this fee is simple. You enhance the business of a grocery store by letting them do business through your app. A part of the users’ payment will reach you as paid cuts.
- Delivery charges: Users enjoy doorstep deliveries by ordering through your app. For this luxury, they pay a certain amount during checkout as a delivery fee. Usually, delivery platforms hire delivery professionals in the gig economy. This way, after spending a part of the amount to delivery workers, the remaining substantial amount reaches your pockets.
- Surge pricing: During peak hours or in certain regions of a locality, your app experiences maximum traffic and demand. In such a case, you can re-route delivery workers to these destined areas. In this high-demand phase, you can charge users with a certain fee called surge pricing to get instant services.
- Displaying ads: We all have experienced apps displaying ads, haven’t we? Well, this is because online platforms earn revenue by displaying third-party ad banners. You can collaborate with fellow brands for advertisement purposes and earn an income consistently.
As said by Robert Collier, “Supply always comes on the heels of demand.” As long as your app can attract users, you’ll boost your yields significantly.
How much does it cost to develop the app?
Well, you cannot quote a fixed and determined price for the app development. This is because the app’s budget depends on several factors you choose. Some of the factors include,
- The features you integrate into the app
- The app design and framework
- The tech-stack used to develop the app
- The supplementary services you avail
- The business model you choose, etc.
However, you can reach out to UberEatslikeApp’s support team and tell them your visions about your grocery delivery app development. We’ll quote a reasonable price for your Instacart clone based on your needs.
Looking at the spike of online grocery sales, there cannot be an ideal time for entrepreneurs to explore. By establishing your Instacart clone app, you increase the app’s visibility significantly. Integrating cutting-edge features can scale your app among your target audience. In this COVID-19 crisis, implementing the above-said strategies can enhance the longevity of the app. With multiple ways to earn revenue, do not miss out on this golden opportunity to gain a stronghold of the market.
At UberEatslikeApp, we help businesses scale greater heights with our well-crafted and dedicated app solutions. Contact us, and we’ll help you climb the ladders of success in the shortest time possible!