The online food delivery business is one of the fastest-growing and very successful businesses currently. Everyone loves to enjoy food from their comfortable space; thus, this online food delivery has been encouraged by people in a positive way. The pandemic also has boosted the online food delivery business as most people stay at home and order food from different restaurants.
UberEats is one of the leading companies in this online food delivery business. It’s known for its quality service, user-friendly experience and fast delivery. UberEats is now one of the most popular and successful online food delivery businesses. It has tremendous stats, and here are a few,
- Google recorded a peak of 300% search in “food delivery services” back in April when the world was fighting with Coronavirus.
- UberEats rules the online food delivery industry with a gross booking of $4.68billion, a high of 52%
- The GAAP revenue hiked up to $819million, which is a humongous increase of 53%
- Ubereats stood at first place in France market by grabbing almost 55% of France food delivery market
- Ubereats recorded a 30% high in the download of the app and signing by foodies.
- Around 20% of additional restaurants contracted with Ubereats in Japan after the Coronavirus pandemic.
Concept of Ghost kitchen
In recent times, there has been so many innovations and evolution that’s been happening in the food industry business. Ghost kitchens are one such evolution. These types of kitchens collaborate with the online food delivery companies in order to earn profits. Such a type of kitchen doesn’t have physical space for dining, which means they only accept online orders for delivery. The orders are prepared as per the demands, which may vary every day. Food preparation and storage of raw materials are the primary functions of such kitchens. Operating kitchens like this will have many benefits, and a few of them are discussed below,
- Low – Operating cost – The first main benefit of such kitchens is that the operating costs are very less when compared to normal restaurants. As the seating and infrastructure have been eliminated, a huge amount of cost is saved. The operating costs include raw materials and day to day expenses that are required for the kitchen to function.
- Low – Rental charges – The restaurants spend so much money on ambience, as they attract the customers. But such restaurants pay so much rent, and that may sometimes make them go into a deficit. Whereas ghost kitchens enjoy lesser rental charges as they eliminate the fancy infrastructure to attract customers.
- Low – Rigidity and High efficiency – The ghost kitchens enjoy flexibility benefits. They function only when there’s demand or order, and they don’t have to operate when there are no orders. Sometimes the orders go beyond, and these kitchens work overtime in order to complete the orders. In this way, these kitchens are efficient too.
Hungry to compete with leading food delivery apps?
UberEats and Ghost kitchens
Online food ordering has now become a trend, so portals like UberEats are experiencing huge traffic. Sometimes this traffic is unmanageable as the restaurants may experience seated crowds. During such times there is a delay in the delivery, which is not really appreciated by the customers. That’s when these Ghost kitchens came into the picture. The orders accepted by UberEats are forwarded to these kitchens, and the orders are prepared, and the delivery partners will collect them from the kitchens.
In such a way, the order traffic can be managed, and at the same time, these kitchens can earn better profits than the restaurants. This can be a highly profitable business, as food delivery applications prefer kitchens over restaurants. Ghost kitchens will be the wise choice in case you are thinking to start up a restaurant.
Is there a way to compete with UberEats?
Definitely, yes, there are many ways to develop apps like UberEats which can help the business to sustain itself. Normally developing an app from scratch would incur huge amounts of money. The universal rates for developing an app like UberEats are mentioned below. However, these are the approximate figures
- India: $10 to $ 80 per hour
- Europe: $30 to $150 per hour
- Us: $50 to $250 per hour
Is there an alternative?
Alternatives? Yes! Have you ever come across the term clone applications or clone scripts? These are generally pre-built ready to use applications. These applications are fully customizable, which means they can be modified according to the customer’s requirements. Fancy, isn’t it? There’s still more to say. These clone applications are very nominally priced, and you don’t have to pay such a huge amount of money as you pay for the normal apps which are built from scratch. These types of applications are cost-effective and worth every penny spent. It saves a lot of time also. So you can get into the arena faster and start your race with the competitors.
How to create an app like UberEats or How to create UberEats clone apps?
The process of building clone apps are quite similar to the procedures of creating apps from scratch, but in clone apps, the initial stages are eliminated as these are pre-built applications that are customized according to the requirements. Building a clone app involves the following steps,
- Scouting for an app developer: There are several app development companies in the market which are functioning to fulfil the needs of their customers. So the initial step would be to find the right developer which satisfies your needs. Once you find the right developer or developing company, propose a deal quoting your requirements and needs.
- Choosing the right from demos: The app developing companies will have several pre-built applications, and you get to choose one after viewing the demos of the product. You can choose the demos compared with your requirements.
- Alterations and change implementation: Once an UberEats clone app is finalized, the suggestions for alterations and changes will be taken from the customer. You can get all the changes and alterations done to make your app stand unique. This is the customization stage; the company will offer you a wide range of options to customize your application.
- Running tests and trials: Before launching an app into the market, it should be out for trial runs where the minor issues get fixed, if there’s any. The ultimate goal of such trials is to ensure the smooth and best user experience for an app. This stage is where the apps are tested, and only when the app passes the tests, it will be out for delivery.
- Launch your application: Now, you are all set to enter the market and become an undisputable entrepreneur in the field of the online food delivery business.
In case you are wondering where to reach to get your apps done, we are right here to help you. We offer a wide range of clone applications and customization options. We can do the job for you.
The concluding thoughts would be the same as you are thinking now after reading this article. The ghost kitchens and clone applications are a deadly combo; you can sustain and compete with the existing competitors without fear. If you are looking forward to entering into an online food delivery business, then you should definitely proceed. We are right here, waiting to help you grow. Let’s grow together.